Here are air duct tips to help every home owner
1. Sealing ducts can help improve the indoor air quality by reducing the risks of pollutants entering ducts from dusty attics or musty crawlspace and circulating through your home. Dust from damp spaces can aggravate asthma and allergy problems.
2.Improve your home comfort with sealed ducts and a new air purifier. If its time to consider an air purification system for your home or office, our team at Smart Comfort is here to help.
3. 20% of the money you pay for your heating and cooling is leaking out of your ducts - in most homes!
4. Start by sealing air leaks using mastic sealant or metal tape and insulating all the ducts that you can access . Never use duct tape, as it is not long-lasting.
5. Start by inspecting the ducts in the basement, attic, and garage - and see if the connections at vents and registers are well-sealed where they meet the floors, walls, and ceiling
6. Ducts are often concealed in walls, ceiling, attics,and basements or crawlspaces, and can be tricky torepair. However, there are things that you can do toimprove the performance of your duct system.